news > article
Brickell Avenue Bridge Rehabilitation Project Update
May 12, 2020
Crews are working on installing the new span lock system and painting the bridge.
- A full closure and vehicular detour of the Brickell Avenue Bridge is scheduled to occur on:
- Tuesday, May 12 from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 13 from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m.
- Thursday, May 14 from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m.
What To Expect - Roadway Closure and Pedestrian Access
- Pedestrian access will be maintained along the northbound side of the Brickell Avenue Bridge.
What To Expect - Miami River Restriction
- Single leaf openings during the work hours of 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- 4 hour advanced notice for a full opening during the time frame of 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Construction equipment may be located beneath the non-opening span during work hours.
- Vessels able to pass without an opening beneath the non-obstructed span may do so at any time.
Please note that this schedule may change due to bad weather or other unexpected conditions.
Please click here for the project webpage. On the project webpage, you will find the scope of work, fact sheet and other project documents. For additional information, please feel free to contact Community Outreach Specialist Sergies Duarte at (305) 216-3617 or email him at Sergies.Duarte@dot.state.fl.us.
Downtown Development Authority