news > article
Brickell Avenue Bridge Update
Mar 18, 2020
- Crews continue working nightly on the northbound side of the Brickell Avenue Bridge.
What To Expect - Roadway Closure and Pedestrian Access
Vehicles traveling northbound along Brickell Avenue heading toward the Brickell Avenue Bridge will be detoured to the Miami Avenue Bridge.
- This northbound detour will be in effect from 10PM to 5:30AM
- Click here for a map of the vehicular detour route.
- Access along the southbound side of the Brickell Avenue Bridge will remain open.
- Pedestrians wishing to travel along the Brickell Avenue Bridge must use the southbound side of the bridge.
What To Expect - Miami River Restriction
Single leaf openings during the work hours of 10PM to 5:30AM
- 4 hour advanced notice for a full opening during the time frame of 10PM to 5:30AM
- Construction equipment may be located beneath the non-opening span during work hours.
- Vessels able to pass without an opening beneath the non-obstructed span may do so at any time.
Work on the Northbound side of the Brickell Avenue Bridge is scheduled to take place throughout the next several weeks on Sundays through Fridays from 10PM to 5:30AM on nights without major special events.
Please click here for the project webpage. On the project webpage, you will find the scope of work, fact sheet and other project documents. For additional information, please feel free to contact Community Outreach Specialist Sergies Duarte at (305) 216-3617 or email him at Sergies.Duarte@dot.state.fl.us.Current activity