news > article
Brickell Avenue Bridge Rehabilitation Project Update
Feb 19, 2020
Crews are scheduled to work nightly this week along the southbound side of the Brickell Avenue Bridge, weather permitting.
What To Expect - Roadway Closure
- Vehicles traveling southbound along SE 2 Avenue heading toward the Brickell Avenue Bridge will be detoured to the Miami Avenue Bridge.
- This southbound detour will be in effect nightly from 10:00PM to 5:30AM
Access for vehicles traveling northbound along the Brickell Avenue Bridge will remain open.
What To Expect - Miami River Restriction
- Single leaf openings during the work hours of 10:00PM to 5:30AM
- 4 hour advanced notice for a full opening during the time frame of 10PM to 5:30AM
- Construction equipment may be located beneath the non-opening span during work hours.
- Vessels able to pass without an opening beneath the non-obstructed span may do so at any time.
Work is scheduled to take place Sundays through Fridays from 10:00PM to 5:30AM on nights without major special events.
Please note that this schedule may change due to bad weather or other unexpected conditions.
Please click here for the project webpage. On the project webpage, you will find the scope of work, fact sheet and other project documents.
For additional information, please feel free to contact Community Outreach Specialist Sergies Duarte at (305) 216-3617 or email him at Sergies.Duarte@dot.state.fl.us
Florida Department of Transportation